Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Ivy's Gotcha Day - Sept 4




Hope you are ready for a fun party!  We are celebrating my 8th Gotcha Day and kinda my birthday too since we don't know for sure when it was except sometime late in 1998.  So I guess that makes me 15!


For those of you who don't know me too well, I was born outside at my beans old house in the mountains to a feral cat colony in the woods there.  Mom noticed me always hunting for food cuz I had just had kittens and was very thin and hungry.  She put food out for me and all the others found it too so she ended up taking care of all of us.  There were a lot of us and many did not make it past kittenhood. About half of feral kittens die before they reach adulthood.  She never did see my kittens so they must not have made it.

Me eating cream cheese.

Anyway, I was the first to get spayed, along with all the others.  Pop built us a shelter  for the cold weather and we all lived outside for many years, being fed and cared for by Mom and Pop.  As we aged or showed signs of not being well, she took us in and cared for us.  By 2005 I was the only one left outside.  I had lived thru two hurricanes, lots of very cold winters and the loss of many of my cat buddies and family.  When the head mancat of the feral colony Big Guy died, another big male cat took  over his territory and was trying to run me off.  I had no place to go so I would fight or hide. Even tho I  loved hunting and being outside Mom knew it was time to bring me in.

Me when I lived outside.

I was very wild and would not let her touch me let alone get near me so when she caught me to bring me inside, she had no idea if I would ever adapt but I did!  I loved being inside, warm and safe and fed.  I enjoyed being with my buddies, Joey, Minnie, and Sweetpea. I love toona, catnip, cream cheese and all kinds of food and treats.  I do have early CRF and am FIV positive but that doesn't slow me down.  Oh ya, I don't have any teeth left either.

Playing peek a boo.

I have lots of fumy quirks - like I don't meow but kind of quack like a duck.  (Go here if you want to hear that ) I bite at everything but without teeth it is not a problem.  I love to play but get upset when others join in.  I love Mom and Pop and would rather sit on them than anywhere else.  Every morning when it is time to eat I go get Mom up by sitting next to her on the bed and quacking at her.

So in honor of me today's party will feature cream cheese, nip and toona!  Have fun and stay as long as you want.Thank you so much for coming and helping me celebrate.









44 comments:

Angel Prancer Pie said...

Happy Gotcha Day, beautiful Ivy! We're so glad you're an inside (and obviously very pampered) kitteh. Now if you will just pass that cream cheese....

Ellen Whyte said...

Ivy, you are one of the luckiest cats I know. What a wonderful story! glad you're happy and wishing you all the cream cheese you can eat.

Mo and The Purries said...

Happy Gotcha Day, Ivy.
That's quite a spread you got going there, party on!
Sending love from all of us at Purrchance To Dream.

Samantha & Mom said...

Happy Gotcha day Ivy and many, many, many moooooore!!
Your TX furiends,

We hope we arn't to early to party with you!! Hehehehehehehe!

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Happy gotcha day, Ivy! I'm glad you decided you liked being an indoor kitty!

Sushi said...

Happy gotcha day/birthday, ivy! May you have more birthdays to come. I wish you good health and more toys. Tee hee... Enjoy your day, ivy.

Oooh... Yummy treats!

Old Kitty said...

Awwwww lovely Ivy!! Happy happy happy Gotcha Day!!! Awwww you are a most unique and beautiful kitty! Enjoy our special day! Take care
x

Cats Herd You said...

Happy gotcha day, Ivy!

We love the photo of you on top of the computer monitor. That proves it's an older photo because nocat is narrow enough to hang out on top of today's computer monitors! What a shame.

The Florida Furkids said...

Happy Gotcha Birthday! We're glad you learned how good it is to live indoors. We loved listening to your little "quack" too!!

The Florida Furkids

Hannah and Lucy said...

Happy, Happy Gotcha Day Ivy and we hope you will many more of these to come. Have a great day filled with love and cuddles.
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

Marg said...

Happy Gotcha day to you Ivy. Looks like you are going to have lots of good food. Take care.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Happy Gotcha Day Ivy!!! You sure made a purrfect choice of forever homes!

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Happy Gotcha Day Ivy. We are so very glad that your Mom took care of you and that you likes being inside. Thanks for inviting us to your party. We are having a ball.

Fuzzy Tales said...

Happy Gotcha Day, Ivy! You've had quite an eventful life, but you sure ended up with the best humans possible!

Everycat said...

Happy Gotcha Day Ivy! We loved learning all about you and your origins, we think you are a splendid, senior girl and are so glad that you get to enjoy a great life with a great family.

Cheri, and cats, thank you so much for the e-card and the kind comments that you left us on the loss of little Gerry. Your kindness really helped

Luff from
Mungo & Jane The Ape xx

catsynth said...

Happy Gotcha Day to Ivy! That is quite a story she has. And looks like a fun celebration - the cream cheese is a unique twist :)

Jans Funny Farm said...

Well, we can see how your morning quacking (we watched the video) would wake your mom up. You're a good alarm clock.

Happy Gotcha Day, Ivy.

Quill and Greyson said...

Happy Gotcha Day to you Ivy!!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

A very happy purrday and Gotcha to you dear Ivy. YOU are an amazing kitty, all that you've lived through and now you can tell your tales. What a life!

Terri said...

Happy Gotcha Day, Ivy! What a great spread :)

Random Felines said...

Happy Gotcha Day Ivy!!! We are glad you are so safe and loved.

Julia Williams said...

Happy Gotcha Day and Birthday, beautiful Ivy! That is quite a spread you've got there -- tasty noms AND toys!

The Island Cats said...

Happy Gotcha Day, Ivy! What a fun party. And interesting foods! We'll have some cream cheese with our tuna!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Happy Gotcha Day Ivy. What a great party!

A Tonk's Tail said...

oh Happy Happy Gotcha Day Ivy! (quacking backatcha!)

Annie Bear said...

Happy Gotcha Day, Ivy! It's true that I didn't know you but I really enjoyed reading your story. I'm so glad you've adapted so well to being indoors where it's safe and comfy and you have your mom and pop and siblings. I hope you got some cream cheese and tuna today!

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Happy Gotcha Day!

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

What a great pawty!!! Sorry I'm late! Hope you had the BEST Gotcha Day Ever Ivy!
Love, Cody

animal lover, quilt lover said...

Happy Gotcha Day Ivy!!! I am so glad you have such a great story.
We had a cat who just showed up one day and said she had come to live with us and she did for 18 years and the vet thought she was probably 22 years old when she died of a stroke--we and the vet think stroke -- not really sure!??
Hope you have a lot more Gotcha Days

da tabbies o trout towne said...

stoppin by with best fishes, mice creem dishes N happee birth day gotcha day wishes ivy N heerz to 890 bazillion MOR :) thanx for hostin this awesum partee N de food spred be amazin...hope yur day iz fun filled N ya all sew get sum mackerull, flounder, toona, trout, herring, sea bass, noe burd, butter, donuts, cake, pie, pizza, sghetti, pork chops, salmon, perch, a 2014 CATilax car...enjoy yur day & haz FUN !!!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Happy Gotcha Day sweet Ivy. We are so sorry that we missed your party. It looks like you had a good one. All that food looks yummy! We hope you enjoyed all the cream cheese you could have. Mumsy loves cream cheese too. Hugs and nose kisses

meowmeowmans said...

Happy Gotcha Day, sweet Ivy! We sure are glad you're a well-loved inside kitty now!

Debra Taylor said...

Ivy happy birthday! So amazing that you love cream cheese


Pet lovers please check out my homeless cat blog archives for some informative posts and stories about the cat abandoned/feral colony I manage.

Debby in Arizona
http://homelesscatcare.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

We hope you had not only a Happy Gotcha/Birthday Day but a whole Happy Gotcha/Birthday Week! You deserve it! Purrs...

Hannah and Lucy said...

Thank you so much for your message about Lucy she has been stabbed by the vet and sent home with medication. We hope she'll be her cheeky self again soon.
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

Timmy Tomcat said...

Ivy congrats on your wonderful 15th!
Many happy returns and thanks so much for the goodies

Angel Gracie=^o.o^= said...

Happy belated Gotcha Day! So sorry I missed it. But sending good cheer to you!!!

The Chair Speaks said...

Happy Gotcha Day, Ivy! You are lucky to have met such a wonderful human mom and dad! Purrs!

Marilia said...

Happy Belated Gotcha Day!!!!

Katie Isabella said...

Darling little Ivy. I am so so so sorry family things are keeping me away so much. I love reading your Gotcha day celebrations and thanks for saving me some left overs. You are precious and dearly loved. I am sending loves to your mama and papa for caring so much always. xoxoxox

M Dawson said...

Ivy

May your day be a good one, your treats many, and your celebrations long and loud.

Marjorie

Donna said...

Yay and Happy Gotcha Day! Paw hugs to u. :) {{{hugs}}}

Kitties Blue said...

Sorry we are so late to the party, Ivy. Concats on your special day. Hope it was filled with special treats. We are very partial to black kitties at our house and you are a beauty. Purrs and hugs, Lily Olivia, Misty May, Mauricio, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

Kjelle Bus aka Charlie Rascal said...

Why I´m so late to your Gotcha Party ??
Ask my mom-person !!
Hope you had a grreat Gotcha Day , Ivy !
XOXO

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Please Follow Us...new posts don't always show in Google Reader so check in with us often!